Wednesday 1 July 2009

Happy 60th Birthday Mum!

Building our snowman in the garden last winter.
It's my mum's 60th birthday today. We are not really celebrating, but I am going against her wishes and we will have cake and flowers will be delivered.
Our family is very small, there is Mum, Dad, myself and Violet (the dog) in our house, with my sister Polly living in Sheffield. Mum and Dad both have brothers and sisters but they aren't very close and we don't really see them.
I often look at these gatherings that people have for birthdays, Christmas, Easter and wish that we had the same. I always have plenty of ideas for these celebrations but we just don't do them.
Still, mum has chosen to have a quiet birthday, so maybe we might celebrate later in the year. (My birthday which was in February is still on hold, as there were no presents that I wanted and I went out with friends instead of with mum and dad). There's still time.
Happy birthday mum. I hope that you fulfil all of your dreams and start living more. Just make sure you don't end up in the category of 'and she never danced again'.
Love you lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment