Saturday 22 August 2009

Kew Gardens

I am lucky to have Kew Gardens just over a mile from where I live, but I find that I hold visits for treats. I think if I went too many times it just wouldn't be special.

Mum and I had a free ticket last night so went along (it was an evening event from 6.30pm). We both loved it, as we hadn't been for a couple of years we strolled around the gardens and did the new treetop walk whilst other visitors sat on the park benches with picnic and enjoyed the cooler weather after a week of very hot, sunny days.

Below are some of the photos that I took on my phone camera. If you are ever in the area or travelling to London on holiday I would urge you to visit. It really is wonderful.

Huge urns with petunias were set around the pound in front of the Palm House:



The Temperate House (in the summer they hold concerts in front of the glasshouse, they are always finished with huge fireworks):



The Japanese Gateway:



The famous pagoda:

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Beautiful gardens. We have Selby gardens right here in Sarasota Fl, where they have Bamboo, Banyan trees and Orchids. My Parents live north in Michigan where they have all the flowers like you have. I still enjoy all the gardens that I visit. Even enjoy everyone personal backyard garden. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete