Monday 24 August 2009

Martha Mondays - Chicken with Plums

Brette was kind enough to email me the recipe for this week's challenge as the September issue hasn't arrived in the UK yet.

It looked quite good from the recipe and I was pleased to get rid of another pound of plums (we have been eating victoria plums for the last few weeks and they are beginning to get on my nerves!)

We don't like honey in our house, and never have it in the cupboard. I adapted the recipe and used brown sugar instead.



I had eaten one of the plums when I was chopping them up and they were nice and sweet. But when we plated up the dinner, the plums seemed to be more 'tart' which I thought strange considering the addition of butter and brown sugar.

The consensus was that we didn't like the plums. We ate the chicken with rice and runner beans and it was fine.



I am intrigued to find out what everyone else thought and as I haven't seen a photo I can only assume that I did it right until the magazine arrives.

2 comments:

  1. My plums were to tart too. I figured maybe they just weren't ripe enough but tart never the less. The chicken was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the plums in with my chicken, but didn't do any extra. I would love to use your sweet plums for a crumble!. Yours looks very good.

    ReplyDelete